[PyXMPP] Request: Upgrade Cherokee to 1.0.14+

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Feb 15 15:45:27 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:38:38PM -0500, Christopher Stelma wrote:
> I've been trying to get a pyxmpp mirror onto launchpad.net, but I've
> hit a small snag on the code import.  I believe the problem exists
> with the handling of HTTP OPTIONS requests in Cherokee 1.0.10.  The
> bug is described at
> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=733 and a potential
> fix (looked pretty good to me) was shipped with version 1.0.14.

Yes, I was aware about the problems with Cherokee and SVN. I have even
fixed one of the problems and my patch was applied upstream. Cherokee is
a quite young project, so I have given it chance despite the remaining
SVN problems.  I used to upgrade it regularly hoping for a fix in every
new release, but it seems I stopped at 1.0.10. Thanks for noticing the
potential fix.  I have just upgraded the server to Cherokee 1.0.20, and
the OPTIONS errors seem to be gone. Unfortunately something still is not
right ("svn: REPORT of '/svn/cjc/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read
response body: Connection reset by peer (http://cjc.jajcus.net)").

As a workaround you may try https://svn.jajcus.net:444/svn/pyxmpp/trunk
to avoid the broken Cherokee reverse proxy.

Greets,
        Jacek