[PyXMPP] Using the XMPP group-chat extension

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Nov 30 14:44:21 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 01:32:31AM -0800, Brendon Costa wrote:
> I noticed that pyxmpp has some support for the 0045 extension.

Indeed it has. Not pretty, but working somehow.

> Is
> there an already working example bot of the multi-user chat using
> pyxmpp I can take a look at?

I don't understand what you mean by 'bot' in this case. There is a
working XMPP providing component: - the JJIGW Jabber-IRC gateway
and a working client implementation in the CJC client.

Both are quite limited, but the basics work. The code is usually more
complicated that it should be, though. I guess I haven't designed the best
API possible.

> Is anyone aware of tutorials, examples or books that might help guide
> me through setting up a standard XMPP 0045 multi chat room using
> pyxmpp?

I am afraid you won't find anything like that.

Greets,
        Jacek