[PyXMPP] Using the XMPP group-chat extension

Brendon Costa brendon.j.costa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:32:31 CET 2010

Hi all,

I want to use XMPP to create a multi-user chat room using pyxmpp for
the bot/component. Initially I just want to setup a normal multi user
chat room, but after that is working I need to extend that to send
extra meta-data to users in the room that will enable them to join a
voice chat using a web browser plugin I am playing with.

I noticed that pyxmpp has some support for the 0045 extension. Is
there an already working example bot of the multi-user chat using
pyxmpp I can take a look at?

Is anyone aware of tutorials, examples or books that might help guide
me through setting up a standard XMPP 0045 multi chat room using
pyxmpp?

I currently have some basic comms working with a local eJabberd
server, strophe and the echo bot example, but am looking for the next
level of information how to proceed writing a multi-user chat.

Thanks,
Brendon.