[PyXMPP] turn off debugging?

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Thu Dec 10 10:35:42 CET 2009

Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 09:04:01AM +0100, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
>
>> I would like to turn off the debug messages but could not find out how,
>> does anyone know how to?
>>

> What debug messages?
>
> All PyXMPP debug output is handled by the standard Python logging
> module: http://docs.python.org/library/logging.html
>
> Greets,
>         Jacek

Hello Jacek,

thanks for the reply, I tried this :

logger = logging.getLogger()
logger.addHandler(logging.StreamHandler())
logger.setLevel(logging.CRITICAL)

and

logger = logging.getLogger()
logger.setLevel(logging.CRITICAL)

and

logger = logging.getLogger("pyxmpp.Client")
logger.setLevel(logging.CRITICAL)

and

logging.disable(logging.CRITICAL)

and

logging.shutdown()

but it still output's everything (example) :

DEBUG: dispatcher   ok    Got jabber:client/presence stanza
DEBUG: dispatcher   ok    Dispatching presence stanza with type->
props->[] id->3
I'm online
DEBUG: dispatcher   ok    Got jabber:client/presence stanza
DEBUG: dispatcher   ok    Dispatching presence stanza with type->
props->[] id->None
I'm online
DEBUG: dispatcher   info  Registering handler <bound method
__MsgListener.__onMessage of <__MsgListener(Thread-1, initial)>> for
"message" type-> ns->(jabber:client)

Thank you,
Gabriel