[PyXMPP] Custom protocol: message- or IQ-based?

cyberco cyberco at media2b.net
Mon Feb 19 12:48:39 CET 2007

Adding the resource fixed the problem, thanks!

I can live with having to know the resource of the destination client (I
control both ends). So the only hurdle that remains is that IQ packets are
not stored on the server in case the destination is unreachable. Is that
correct? None of the official extensions requires the store-and-forward
functionality that <message/> requires? Is there a way to somehow use the
store-and-forward for my own IQ-based protocol? Else I'll have to implement
my protocol on top of the messaging protocol, which I'd rather not.

Thanks for any advice!
2B