[PyXMPP] Registering new users

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sat Feb 3 13:15:47 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 04:37:37PM +0100, cyberco wrote:
> I want to register new users on a xmpp server using pyxmpp, but is that
> supported?

You mean registering using PyXMPP, or server using PyXMPP? I don't think
the latter would work (server support of PyXMPP is very poor).

> Using the server from pyxmpp's exampe directory as follows:

Server from pyxmpp example directory?

> =======================
> stream = Stream('jabber:client')

Do not use Stream classes directly.

> I am totally new to pyxmpp, so I'm not sure whether this means registering
> using pyxmpp is not supported, or that the server doesn't support it.

Recent PyXMPP code supports basic registration for clients. You will probably need
the PyXMPP from SVN or current snapshot for that.

To register a new account use connect() method of JabberClient class
with the "register" (first and only) argument set to True.

Override process_registration_form() method to handle the registration
form and enter the required data. The default implementation will just
pass username and password (as they would be used for authentication) in
the registration form.

> Is there any documentation besides the epydoc at pyxmpp's home?

Unfortunately not.

Greets,
        Jacek